18 February 2009

guest / hospitality

Starting from today, I have been invited by Marisa as a guest on her blog, jee, how exciting that feels.
Today as well, a friend asked me ‘to host’ a friend of his, who I don’t know yet, for few days…
A lot of thoughts today are about giving and receiving hospitality, being a good guest and being a good host.
I tried to find some pictures on the web about that, but the most images are just pictures of food, offered to visitors from places around the Mediterranean sea with a touristic connotation of hospitality.
Looking at hospitality in art, I found two beautiful icons of ‘Abraham’s hospitality’.
A lot of interesting information about hospitality through the centuries and in different cultures is to found at http://www.answers.com/topic/hospitality.
ikono

No comments: