13 February 2009

Art in public spaces 10


Detail

It is not completely at an open space but Marte Röling's work at the Philipszaal in The Hague is at a well visited concert hall. At the beginning of the 90's when I first saw it I taught it was temporary. I wish it was. The combination of colors specially (beige and pistachio with accents in cadmium yellow) and the forms are not very attractive to me. You have to look at all the pieces as they are just behind to the musicians. But if it helps the acoustics...
A few days ago I saw it again when I wen to see a circus act (and of course a concert hall is not the best place for a circus). The technicians fought against the art work, not noticing what it was, and trying to place cables and paraphernalia next an around it.
To see more photos.
Photos © Marisa Polin

No comments: